The piece is a cantata written for the Portuguese-Jewish community in Amsterdam. It is thought to have been used for liturgical purposes. The piece was discovered by Hans Krieg in 1947 in the Portuguese-Jewish library Ets Chaim, in Amsterdam. The style of the piece resembles the Baroque and rococo composers of its time. The cantata consists of four duets and two solos.